Saturday, February 21, 2009

Time To Taper

I ran my long run, the leg survived, there is no need to push the distance anymore.
I have done more long rides and trainer sessions that last year...I can back off now.
The black line at the bottom of the pool has become a blur, I can reduce my yardage.

Race day is 13 days away and now since I have thrown together my best efforts I can relax a little. Now more worrying about building up more mileage on the run, no more worrying can I cram one more 4+ hour ride in. No more worring "will the Achilles Survive?" What I have done over the last few months to prep has been done. Now the distances will get a little shorter, I can rest up a little more, and hopefully on March 7 I will fly with no major issues.
The prep work is complete now it's off to the races.
R.D.

1 comment:

FLATOUT JIM said...

OH The blessed taper. Shorter workouts, and tons of carbs.

Best o luck Ironman!!