Monday, December 22, 2008

Getting Back to Basics

Well as mentioned on my other blog Team Zoot Gu is disbanding at the end of the year, which now means I'm without sponsorship. Probably a good thing for next season. With all the crap going on in my life and a fool hardy decision to go back to New Zealand, I'm keeping my schedule limited, no annoucements on what races I'm doing or any of that. When I make Kona ( figure channel some positive Karma.)my season will be pretty much restricted to those races that are absolutely necessary.

As it is come May I should be graduating college and hopefully in the process of finding a steady real job, my own place and tackling my bills. So life in 2009 is about reorganizing ,getting myself in the position I want to be in, putting my destiny in my own hands. I have 4 races on the calendar so far, others to be added if finances allowed. 1 is a major travel race, the other a local travel race and the other 2 are show up and go. So I will be racing in my vintage HEAT gear. Every race I did in it I had good results, and hopefully it retained most of its good karma, and the invincible feeling I get while racing in it will carry on to my everyday life.
So this season no pressure, just go out with my hair on fire and see what happens. My everyday life gets me down enough, and my sport is what brings me back. It's what gives me something to look forward to, it gives me sanity when everything else makes me want to scream, to give up and crawl into black hole and disappear, it's my therapy, granted it's just as expensive. So this summer I'm just going to have fun with it, and hopefully have a few laughs along the way.
There are somethings in life I can't control, there are others I can so for the stuff I can I just have to do the best I can, and maybe getting back to the fun, "eatting milky ways on the bike" approach is what's best for me. So here's to a better 2009!

R.D.

1 comment:

Charisa said...

It should always be about "FUN" - 2009 is going to rock for you with the fun approach :). Merry Christmas!