Friday, June 12, 2009

I Run

I run.
I run because it gives me focus.
I run because it cost me nothing.
A pair of shoes, a watch, maybe a little visor for good measure.
I run becasue it allows me to escape the pain of life, the broken promises, the crushed dreams.
It allows me to debate, to decide, to see out side the situation.
I run because it allows me to get out side the problems of life, the termoil.
The decisions I know I'm going to have to make.
It's swaping pain, physical for emotional.

I run because it allows me to dream.
The road allows me to fantasize.
It doesn't say that's stupid
It doesn't say you'll can't, you'll never, you should just stick to you're day job.
The road doesn't care, it just keeps moving forward as do I.

The road doesn't care who you're parents are.
It doesn't give a rat ass about credit score, the bills you pay, the guilt you feel.
It charges you nothing, it asks for nothing.
It doesn't give a flying shit...it just keeps moving forward.
Forward and upward, forward and down ward
Smooth, rocky, bombed out, freshly oiled.
Straight, spiraling, quite, full of traffic.
Through the burbs through da hood it just keeps going.

Like life.

No comments: