Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Ankle Hurts..Tough Shit!

Alright from the post on my other blog...I'm official for better or for worse committed to Ironman New Zealand. The other thing is my Achilles Tendon has been inflamed since my 15 mile run 2 weeks ago...I've decided to ease off the trainer for the weekend as well as stop all running until Monday...part of me is in panic mode because I need to get saddle and road time in because I need to be able to throw down in 5 weeks...the other part of me realizes I need to take care of this tendon, because if it tears or ruptures there goes the season and possibly running for good. I had been icing and trigger pointing it and last night decided to tape the sucker hoping compression could do it some good. While I was a little tight after I took the tape off this morning it seems to have helped part of me wants to hop on the trainer and crank out 3 hours but I know I need to wait until this thing fully heals, that there is no pressure or pain, which could be a few days, until then I'll work what I can in the weight room and pool... I need to train smart not hard, I need to not eat the paste, sniff the glue, drink the kool aid.. RICE the leg until Saturday and reassess the situation...if it doesn't hurt go for my standard run or a ride, if it still hurts, check again Monday. So that has been nagging on my mind as well as the fact that classes start Tuesday, which means back to the schedule juggle, late night or early morning training sessions and hectic weekends...bring it on.

2 comments:

Charisa said...

Good luck with the injury. Patience is such a hard thing for us athletes :) 5 weeks is a ton of time - you will be ok!!

BreeWee said...

Yeah. 5wks, you got it covered... DARN those injuries though, so sorry!

Hey, thanks a million for the arm warmer advice for Rev 3... I was asking everyone what to use in that race...I am so thankful you mentioned that! Totally appreciate it!

AND yes, K-Swiss is new, just can't blog it till they get all contracts done. LOVE em' though, try em' if you can.